Thursday 22 September 2011

Where I'm Headed


     After chatting with a few people about my blog, I noticed that a handful of people are under the impression that I already know how to sketch designs and that I know a lot about different fabrics and such; not yet the case. I am 100% taking on this task at a beginner level and hope to acquire these skill sets along the way. I know it will be hard, I know it may take time, and I know that I have a ton of frustration ahead of me. But I as mentioned earlier, my goal is to do what I can to see this through. This weekend I’m going to take a stab at sketching and I’ll be sure to post pictures of what I’m sure will be my embarrassing efforts at drawing.

     Although I’m only a beginner, I do have an idea about how I want my clothes to look. Anyone who knows me well knows that I LOVE bright colours and stepping outside of the box when I mix and match. One thing about my style that I think is different from a lot of people is that I can’t be classified as one thing (bohemian, retro, ghetto fabulous, etc). Often when people go shopping they see something they like and think “Oooh that’s really cute...but it’s not my style.” If you like it...GET IT! Make it your style! Simple as that folks. 

     The pictures shown below are NOT anything I made! They are from the FOREVER 21 here in Winnipeg. This will give you a hint as to what kind of direction I want to go in with my line. The first one is a picture of the back of the dress, the front is all black. Enjoy ;)



3 comments:

  1. so cool! you'll be great! i'm interesting in watching your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should get something with lots of volume to match your fabulous new 'do! Va-va-va-VOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol thanks. I'll see what I can conjure up!

    ReplyDelete