Sunday 29 July 2012

Condom Advertisements


 *Sexual Content
 

It took me a few seconds to understand this ad, but it clicked once I saw the Durex logo in the top right corner. In my opinion, this ad is very creative and clearly a great time for it to be released. It would be funny, clever, and eye catching, even without the genius tagline. I’m not sure how the Olympics would feel about a condom company ad imitating their Olympic rings, but it doesn’t seem like it would be that big a deal. 



This ad from the same company however, is not my favourite. This ad was released mid-June in the UK, and although they have more leniency in the UK with what they can and cannot run, I’m still surprised that something like this made the cut. The ad was posted on their Facebook page and read “Poor woman...(or maybe lucky one)?” Durex was promoting their extra large sized condoms, and used an image that implied a woman was performing oral sex on a penis so big that it slit the edges of her mouth. I’m not going to go into great detail but as I’m sure many can guess, there a number of things that can be found extremely controversial about the image.

What do you think about the two contrasting ads? Funny? Offensive? Neither here nor there?

No comments:

Post a Comment