Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Greatest Movie Ever Sold


Over reading week I watched “Pom Wonderful Presents The Greatest Movie Ever Sold.” I first heard about this moving in advertising class. There’s a trailer below but the just of it is that it’s a documentary about the world of product placement in movies. Some of you may not know this but many movies are reliant on getting advertisers interested in having their product shown in their movie, because advertisers pay a hefty amount for this type of publicity.   

The movie is directed by Morgan Spurlock, the same guy who directed “Supersize Me.” His mission throughout the movie is to fund it strictly through advertising. Pom Wonderful paid the most amount of money to be a part of this movie, and you can post their logo or drink in almost every scene. To me this was very effective because ever since I watched the movie, I’ve wanted to buy some Pom Wonderful because I’ve never tried it before. I had one in my hand at Wal-Mart the other day and almost bought a bottle, until I realised it was $4. Sorry Pom Wonderful, I’m a poor student.




No comments:

Post a Comment